Easy Pork Chops and mushroom gravy recipe
Combine Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup with boneless pork chops for an easy and delicious meal. The pork chops will come out tender and juicy and preparing this meal requires very little effort on your part! My favorite kind of dinner to make.
I learned how to make this easy pork chop and mushroom gravy recipe from my grandmother so it’s a comfort food for me. Even my toddler likes it! My husband loves how the chops just fall apart and always comes back for seconds.
I’m not sure if he likes this or my easy beef stroganoff better!
To start you’ll need a pack on thin boneless cut pork chops. The thin ones cook more quickly so that the meal can be prepared faster.
Before you get started open up your 2 cans of Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup and whisk them together with 1 can of water.
(I like to use one can of cream of mushroom soup with garlic to add another flavor)
Grab a large skillet with a lid and melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Let it get hot and swirl the melted butter around to help coat the bottom of your pan.
Once the pan is hot put the boneless pork chops into the pan. Lightly salt and pepper the exposed side. Allow them to cook for a few minutes until browned.
Flip the chops over and salt and pepper this side as well. Once the 2nd side is browned pour the gravy mixture over the chops. I like to use a pair of tongs but you can use a fork as well.
Flip the pork chops again to ensure the gravy coats both sides.
Once the gravy starts to bubble turn the heat down and cover the pan with a lid. Allow them to simmer for 45-60 minutes until a fork can be easily slid into the pork chops.
Serve over rice or noodles. My favorite is to serve it over white rice that we make in a rice cooker.
Heat up a vegetable to go with it and you’ll have a delicious and balanced meal. Even my toddler likes it!
If you enjoy this recipe please give it a 5 star rating and pin it for later!
- 6 thin sliced boneless pork chops
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can water
- 2 tbsp butter
- In a large pan melt 2 tbsp of butter until hot. Once melted make sure it's coating the bottom of your pan.
- While butter is melting mix 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup with 1 can of water. Whisk until mixed.
- Place all pork chops into pan. Lightly salt and pepper the exposed side.
- Once browned flip the chops over. Lightly salt and pepper the exposed side.
- Once 2nd side is browned pour the cream of mushroom soup mixture over the pork chops. Flip the chops over to ensure the liquid gets all around them.
- Turn the heat down and cover the pan with a lid. Simmer for about 1 hour or until a fork can be easily stuck into the pork chops.
- Serve over white rice, I make mine in a rice cooker. You can use brown rice or noodles if you prefer.
Serving Size:1 pork chop
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 428 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 113mg Sodium: 852mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Protein: 38g