Delicious Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Breaded Chicken Parm in Air Fryer
Who got an air fryer for Christmas and is dying to use it? Delicious Air Fryer Chicken Parmesean is just what the doctor ordered. It is crispy and so savory. You’ll make this a regular part of your meal plan.
If you love chicken parmesan you’ll definitely love this air fryer version. It’s fast, delicious, but with all the crunch and flavor you know and love.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Besides being fast the other great thing about making chicken parm in the air fryer is that it’s healthier than traditional frying! It’s crispy and delicious, just like you want, but without all the grease.
Do you plan on having this chicken parm as your main dish? There are so many side dish options you can choose to go with it. I always enjoy having a veggie with chicken parm, it just brings all the flavors together. If you’re craving more comfort foods, whip up some mashed potatoes to go with or you can, of course, serve it alongside spaghetti.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Now it’s time to get cooking! Don’t worry, while chicken parmesan looks fancy it’s actually quite simple to make. While cooking things in an air fryer may sound daunting at first it’s so easy you’ll want to use it all the time.
You can use a traditional air fryer appliance that is an air fryer only or you can use my current favorite air fryer which is a toaster oven as well so you can have one less appliance hanging around your kitchen.
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs (Italian variety)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- salt – to season
- Seasoned salt – to season
- Pepper – to season
- Spray Olive Oil
- 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce (I suggest tomato basil). Or make your own spaghetti sauce in your Instant Pot.
You can, of course, use regular breadcrumbs for this recipe if it’s all you have on hand but the panko variety will really give it something special and help your chicken parmesan come out nice and crispy. I prefer to use the Italian panko bread crumbs to give it extra flavor.
1 – Prepare three trays for the breading process. This is similar to how I make pork chops in the air fryer as well.
In the first tray mix your flour and seasonings. In tray two add your eggs and milk and scramble together. In the third tray place those panko breadcrumbs.
2 – Bread the chicken by coating each piece with the flour mixture, followed by the egg mixture, and finally the breadcrumb mixtures. Don’t be afraid to use your hands to ensure the chicken is completely coated.
3 – Spray each side of the chicken with a light coating of olive oil spray to prevent sticking and help with crisping.
4 – Air Fry the chicken at 375 for approximately 12 minutes FLIPPING them halfway through.
5 – While the chicken is cooking go ahead and warm up the spaghetti sauce in a small saucepan.
6 – Once the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 (check with your meat thermometer) and crispy on the outside you’re ready to start topping it!
Top with a thin – medium layer of spaghetti sauce then add slices of parmesan cheese. Turn on the heat again in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes to help melt the cheese.
If you want to get fancy you can add another thin layer of spaghetti sauce and a final topping of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley.
Serve with bread and a side of your choice. Bon Appetit!
If you enjoy this recipe please give it 5 stars below and follow us on Pinterest!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cups of flour
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Salt - to season
- Seasoned salt - to season
- Pepper - to season
- Spray Olive Oil
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I suggest tomato basil)
- 1 container of sliced Parmesan cheese - or 1 wedge of Parmesan cheese (you will slice the pieces from the wedge)
- Fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped finely
- Prepare 3 trays for breading. Tray one is flour and seasoning. Tray 2 is milk and eggs combined. Tray 3 is panko bread crumbs.
- Bread the chicken. Coat first with flour mixture, then egg mixture, then breadcrumbs.
- Spray both sides of the chicken with olive oil spray.
- Air fry at 375 for approximately 12 minutes. Flip halfway through.
- Warm-up the marinara sauce while the chicken is cooking.
- Once chicken is cooked top with marinara sauce and parmesan cheese. Heat for 1-2 minutes more to melt the cheese.
- Optional: Top with more marinara and then use chopped fresh flat leaf parsely as a final topping and garnish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 498Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 544mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 47g
Nutrition is a rough estimate. Will vary based on exact products and quantities used.