Easy cranberry dessert
These cute cranberry desserts are the perfect addition to your Christmas dessert table. These mini cranberry trifles are layered in individual glasses to create an individual dessert for each guest at the party.
Full of fresh cranberries, angel food cake, pudding, and whipped cream they’re sinfully delicious but cute and easy to make ahead of time. You can use canned cranberries and other pre-packaged items to make these even faster.
Something about cranberries just screams wintertime. It makes you want to cozy up by a fire and indulge in something decadent. These little desserts look decadent and fancy but are easy and simple to make.
With mini desserts in a glass and dessert shooters being so popular right now these are the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving, Christmas, or holiday party. I hope you enjoy this festive cranberry recipe!
Shopping List for cranberry trifle recipe:
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
- Box Angel food cake mix (or premade one from the store)
- Bundt pan to cook angel food cake
- 2 boxes of white chocolate pudding mix
- Fresh cranberries
- Cool Whip
- Plastic wine glasses or small dessert cups to layer the dessert in (feel free to use real wine glasses if you have enough)
- Optional: edible glitter if you want to add some extra pizazz to the top of your desserts
If you want to make these even faster you could use the store made angel food cake which you can generally find around Christmas time.
You can also use a canned cranberry pie filling instead of making your own cranberries. They won’t be quite as good but you could easily whip these up in about 30 minutes or so if you use all pre-made ingredients.
Making your cranberry trifles
Prepare Cake Layer: Prepare the angel food cake according to the box directions. Allow to cool completely before tearing into small pieces. (You can also buy a pre-made angel food cake at the story depending on the time of year)
Prepare Cranberry Layer: While the cake is cooking prepare the cranberry layer. In a saucepan combine 24oz of cranberries, 1.5 cups of water, and 1 cup of sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Allow to cook on low for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
Prepare Pudding Layer: Combine pudding powder and milk in a medium bowl. Whisk until pudding thickens.
Start with a layer of angel food cake pieces. Top with a layer of pudding and then add a layer on cranberries. Repeat until container is almost full. Top with a layer of cool whip and a few fresh cranberries.
Place in the fridge and serve chilled.
More Fun Christmas Dessert ideas
Mini Cranberry Trifle
Fresh & Festive these mini cranberry trifle dessert cups are perfect for any holiday party. Made with layers of angel food cake, fresh cranberries, pudding, and whipped cream they're perfect for Christmas.
- 1 angel food cake (prepared according to box directions)
- 2 boxes white chocolate pudding mix (3.4oz)
- 3 cups milk
- 24oz fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups cool whip
- 1/2 cup cranberries for topping if desired
- Prepare Cake Layer: Prepare an angel food cake according to the box directions. Cool and tear into pieces.
- Prepare Cranberry Layer: In a saucepan combine 24oz of cranberries, 1.5 cups of water, and 1 cup of sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Allow to cook on low for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Prepare Pudding Layer: Combine pudding powder and milk in a medium bowl. Whisk until the pudding thickens.
- Assembly: Start with a layer of angel food cake pieces. Top with a layer of pudding and then add a layer on cranberries. Repeat until the container is almost full. Top with a layer of cool whip and a few fresh cranberries if desired.
- Place in the fridge and serve chilled.